4th quarter pt2 –
Paul Daugherty – may 11th
– know where you are. You have to finish with all you’ve got. Persevere. God wants you to come alive in the season you are in now. 1 CoR 9:24-27. What are you running after? Train yourself to win at the end of a season. Live what you preach. What does it mean to win in life.
To do what you are called to. Press through to the finish line. Never stop fighting what you have won at a point in your life. It’s never too late to start over again in Christ. Always seek to grow. Never just coast. Never give up. Allow the energy of others to spur you on in Christ. Learn from people.
Condemnation and pride.
People are defeated because of a lack of focus. Romans 8:1-2
Jesus cleanses so that we can live free
1. Keep your eyes on the game. Focus on your calling.
2. Consider the time left in the game. Ephesians 5:15-17
3. Use your time outs. Don’t be overcommitted. Rest.
4. Be a team player. Use the ones that are gifted in your life.
5. Listen to your coach. Not the critics. Prov 3:5-6.
6. The ability to practice amnesia. The ability to forget the bad. Enabling the rise of good after the fall. To look past the old accomplishments to the new calling god has for your life.
Philippians 3:13-14. God has called you forward.
7. Don’t get prideful. Run the race with humility.
1 Timothy 6:20. 2 Timothy 1:4.
Don’t stop living what you are preachng.